One of the biggest challenges in business travel is managing multiple corporate trips simply and easily. Many companies try to simplify this task by hiring travel managers. While travel managers are able to add plenty of value, there are other ways to manage corporate travel for companies of all sizes, without the need for dedicated managers or travel booking teams.
Keep reading to find out how you can manage corporate trips for multiple employees in a way that saves you time, effort and money in the short and long term.
Simple Ways to Manage Multiple Employee Corporate Trips
Some of the most efficient ways to manage multiple employee corporate trips include the following:
- Set a realistic budget for each employee. Whatever the size and industry of your company, budgeting is the first step in simplifying corporate travel. Some employees may travel more than others. Senior executives may require a higher budget, while juniors may travel economy more frequently. Setting a budget that is realistic and based on accurate such as average annual spend, average monthly hotel bookings, average flight costs, and average car hire requirements will allow you to create a detailed budget that makes it easier to plan and manage employee trips.
- Book accommodation, flights, and car hire in one place. Booking through a platform such as Voyya is the simplest and most cost-effective way to get the best deals, all in one easy login. When you have a small team, it is easier to manage your company’s travel needs month on month. Larger companies will find it more of a challenge, especially when there are many employees travelling to many different parts of the world each month. Booking through a single portal gives you additional benefits, such as post-paid invoices that are often compliant, meaning that you can claim back taxes on employee travel.
- Track average spend, monthly and annually. Using a platform that also allows you to track average spend by individual employees as well as the company as a whole will enable you to plan more effectively. Ideally, you want to get a comprehensive overview of how much is spent on hotels, flights and car hire, which employees are spending the most, which booking types are used the most, and which months typically have a higher travel spend. Ideally, you want to be able to manage multiple trips from one single dashboard.
- Look for frequent flyer deals and other offers. A centralised dashboard will also allow you to determine the suppliers that are used the most often across the board. Using the cheapest supplier for each trip may seem like a good option at first, but it can be worthwhile building relationships with suppliers instead. Often, you will be able to enjoy further savings such as frequent flyer deals, loyalty rewards, and seasonal specials. When using the same travel partners, you may also be able to receive discounts on future stays, too.
- Choose the right booking platform. How do you go about choosing a platform that offers all of these benefits and more? For starters, it is essential to choose a platform that offers fully compliant invoices that help you claim back VAT. Additionally, it is good to look for a platform that enables an effective way to manage multiple employee trips from one single dashboard.
Platforms such as Voyya are slowly but surely revolutionising business travel. To find out more about how Voyya helps you manage multiple corporate trips, view our FAQ, sign up for free, or email us at email@example.com.